9. The Tea Party is a grassroots organization made up of a wide range of Americans.
It’s true. The Tea Party did genuinely begin as a group of organized citizens. It grew in to what it was today, though, because of Fox News and the Koch Brothers. Fox News sponsored rallies and pimped the Tea Party at the same time as the Koch Brothers were playing the role of sugar daddy. Of course, you would never know this listening to the right wing media. They speak of the Tea Party as an uprising of the populous. A broad movement encompassing all types of Americans! Whites! Bla… er… Hispan… er… Asia… er… well, Whites! Men! Women! Their children! Oh yes, and of course these rallies were very civil, and all about the issues. There were no racist undertones, violent rhetoric, or calls to overthrow the government.
It’s funny. Progressives were concerned with the deficit and the abuse of power in government way before 2008. They called us crazy. Then, Barack Obama is elected president and, suddenly, conservatives are outraged! Hey, Tea Baggers, where were you from 2001-2008?
- On MSNBC, Ex-GOP Staffer Details How The Purpose Of Voter ID Laws Is To "Take People's Constitutional Rights Away"
- Trump Adviser To MSNBC's Chris Hayes: "I Admire The Passion" In Stone's Threat To Disclose Delegate's Hotel Rooms
- Bill O'Reilly Says Ted Cruz Is Right About New York City Values
- How The Wash. Post Kicked Off The "Qualified" Argument Between Clinton And Sanders
- Fox's Bolling Criticizes Paid Family Leave: "Socialism Is Spreading Across America"
- Latest CMP Video Deceptively Attacks Planned Parenthood's Patient Consent Process
- A Look Back At Fox News' Interviews With Obama Ahead Of His Sunday Network Appearance
- Fox Host Claims That America Has "Helped Enough" With Syrian Refugee Crisis
- Wash. Post Reporter: "It's Pretty Remarkable" That Cable News Channels Have Shunned Trump Ally Roger Stone
- Mississippi Newspapers Criticize State Legislature For Passing Anti-LGBT Law